When was the last time you saw the sun rise or spent the night having a well-deserved catch-up with your best friends? Well, now’s your chance and with the added bonus that you can raise vital funds to provide care and support to local life-threatened children, young people and their families.
The EACH Awakeover: stay awake so families can gain some much-needed sleep!
On the night of Saturday 24th October, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) is asking people to host an ‘Awakeover’; a night where you have fun staying awake so families can gain some much-needed sleep.
The rest families are able to gain from short breaks offered at EACH’s three hospices across East Anglia is invaluable and the funds raised from sponsorship at your ‘Awakeover’ will ensure these vital services can continue for families when they need it most.
The ‘Awakeover’ takes place on the night of Saturday 24th October and carries on into the morning of Sunday 25th October. This is the start of the October Half Term holidays – so there really is no excuse not to get involved!
Saturday 24th October is also the night the clocks go back, which means you’ll have to stay awake an hour longer, but it’s a small price to pay for the big difference you’ll make to families who need 24/7 care and support.
Here are some ideas for your Awakeover:
- Bake your way through until the morning light; either eating as you go or selling your produce and donating the proceeds on top of your sponsorship.
- To banish those sleepy feelings during your Awakeover, incorporate activities to keep you moving and wide awake! A dance-off or a sports challenge on a games console are perfect ways to stay active.
- Stock up on your favourite snacks – or better still make your own and award prizes for the best tasting creations!
- Host a karaoke night– surely no one can sleep through all that noise!
- Never had the chance to watch that trilogy or box set? Why not host a movie marathon and stock up on the popcorn to get you through the night.
- Experience the thrill of a Vegas style casino night – get dressed to impress, make suitably sophisticated snacks and hope lady luck is on your side!
- Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Risk? All these games are highly addictive and likely to last all night, so gather your family and friends and compete to be crowned board game champion!
To register your ‘Awakeover’ or to find out more about this event, please visit: www.each.org.uk/awakeover (please note this page is due to go live today).
For more information about EACH, including forthcoming events and how you can help raise funds, visit www.each.org.uk
For further information about this release please contact:
Lindsey Sanford | EACH Press and Media Manager | 01842 751702’; 07738 328058 |
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) aims to maximise the quality of life for children and young people with a life-limiting or life-threatening condition, and to support their families.