David Sales, Chairman of the Institute of Directors (IoD) in the East of England Region, announced the two winners of the East of England Director of the Year 2015 awards.
IoD East of England Director of the Year Awards: winners announced
- Emily Groves, Managing Director of Indigo Swan won the Regional Young Director of the Year award
- Tim Phillips, Managing Director of Gate One Limited, won the Regional Small Company Director of the Year Award.
David Sales, in enthusiastic praise for both winners, said: “These awards recognise true excellence and leadership from the winning directors, who should be extremely proud of their recognition. I congratulate them both, and look forward to seeing what the future holds for them.”
Emily Groves, winner of Young Director of the Year, who has worked tirelessly for five years to build up her energy consultancy business, said: “It’s amazing to be recognised for my hard work by the Institute of Directors. Indigo Swan have been lucky enough to win a few industry and business awards over the last five years, which is great, and to now have one that reflects my personal outlook and approach to being a director is fantastic. It is very reassuring for me having shared the thoughts, ideas and future direction of Indigo Swan with the IoD, that they have then given it the thumbs up in the shape of this award.”
Tim Phillips, who won the Regional Small Company Award is an IoD Chartered Director and runs an award winning specialist management company, said: “As a Chartered Director I am delighted that the IoD East of England has recognised me for this award. Gate One is a fast growing, innovative, management consultancy specialising in business transformation. Our ongoing success is down to the effective application of sound business management principles and a dedicated and talented team.”
Winners of the IoD Regional Director of the Year Awards progress to the national finals, which will be held in October.
Emily and Tim can look forward to:
- Invaluable media coverage to raise the profile of their business
- A very visible celebration of their businesses achievement
- Public recognition from peers and the IoD, the leading Institute championing directorial excellence
- An eye-catching commendation relevant to potential investors and stakeholders
A membership organisation for Directors of organisations in Cambridgeshire. This is the local branch of the national IoD organisation.