Nine projects and five volunteers have been shortlisted in PraxisUnico’s Impact Awards for 2017. The Impact Awards for Knowledge Exchange and Commercialisation (KEC) Professionals continues to celebrate the achievements of KEC professionals and the volunteer community in delivering and developing best practice across the sector.
Announcing the finalists of PraxisUnico’s Impact Awards
KEC Partner of the Year
- Heriot-Watt University – Renishaw
- University of Huddersfield – Machine Tool Technologies Ltd (MTT)
- University of Liverpool - Tate
KEC Project of the Year - Supported by RCUK
- Falmouth University – LAUNCHPAD
- University of Nottingham – Arts-Business initiative
- University of Oxford – Life-saving Instruction for Emergencies (LIFE)
KEC Team of the Year
- British Geological Survey – GeoAnalytics and Modelling Directorate
- University of St Andrews – Knowledge Transfer Centre
- University of Sheffield – Plant Production and Protection (P3) Centre
Volunteer of Year
- Phil Elstob - for his contribution to the development of PraxisUnico's training offering, and as a pioneer of the Continuous Improvement programme
- Sean Fielding - for his contribution to the development of PraxisUnico’s training and conference offering; his contribution to the Board, and as a PraxisUnico Ambassador
- Sue O’Hare - for her contribution to the PraxisUnico Board, and the open and collaborative approach which helped pave the way for a closer working relationship between PraxisUnico and AURIL
- Malcolm Skingle - for his dedication as a PraxisUnico Ambassador, KEC champion, Board member and a much valued industry perspective
- Andy Walsh - for his contribution to the development of PraxisUnico's 'Fundamentals of Tech Transfer' training course, and as a pioneer of the Continuous Improvement programme
Maxine Ficarra, Executive Director of PraxisUnico said “We’re absolutely delighted to see so many inspiring projects and people recognised for their professional and impactful contribution to knowledge exchange and commercialisation. The Impact Awards are a valuable opportunity to showcase the success of our sector and we are very grateful to all those who have supported and contributed to this important initiative.”
Winners of the Impact Awards will be announced on Thursday 15th June in Sheffield.
PraxisAuril is the UK’s leading association of research commercialisation professionals, representing more than 100 UK universities and public sector research establishments.