Allia Future Business Centre assists Global Energy giant – Engie – to identify entrepreneurs and businesses with air quality innovations.
Energy giant Engie calls for air quality innovators
ENGIE UK has launched an innovation call for solutions to monitor, simulate and improve air quality both inside and outside in cities.
Each year in the UK, around 40,000 deaths are attributable to exposure to outdoor air pollution, with more deaths linked to indoor pollutants. Health effects associated with air pollution are well recognised, such as increases in hospital admissions and deaths from cardiovascular diseases, respiratory diseases and lung cancer.
With this in mind, the ENGIE Group is searching for ideas, projects and solutions to monitor, simulate and improve air quality (both inside and/or outside) to enable local stakeholders – including members of the public, businesses and local authorities – to meet their air quality targets and live healthier lives.
Successful projects will benefit from:
- working with ENGIE in the development of projects
- commercial / technical / technological coaching by ENGIE experts
- incubation in ENGIE business unit for an agreed period of time;
- ability to test the proposed solution on a large scale of our smart city projects
- showcase your solution on a marketplace organized by ENGIE during Innovation Week 2016
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 25 May: Apply Now.
Allia is a not-for-profit organisation that supports businesses - through flexible workspace, social finance and free business support - so that they can grow and create positive impact, on their communities and on the planet.