FlexEnable, the leader in the development and industrialisation of plastic electronics for flexible displays and sensors, will present its disruptive, glass-free organic LCD (OLCD) technology at the Society for Information Display (SID) Display Week 2018 in Los Angeles next week. The company will exhibit a range of prototypes demonstrating OLCD’s unique features including thinness, lightness, robustness and conformability.
Disrupting the display industry with conformable and shapeable organic LCDs
“Compatible with existing flat panel display lines and using low cost plastic substrates instead of glass, FlexEnable’s OLCD technology is disrupting the display industry by transforming the cost structure and size scalability of flexible displays.” says Chuck Milligan, CEO of FlexEnable. “With glass-like optical performance, OLCD can be shaped, bent and wrapped around almost any surface, changing how we interact with displays in our daily lives. Leveraging an already established supply chain, OLCD can meet the growing need for conformable and shapeable displays in mass market applications including consumer electronics, smart home appliances, automotive and digital signage.”
Having recently secured a strategic investment from a French automotive supplier Novares totaling 5 million euro, FlexEnable is looking to accelerate the adoption of its flexible technology in cars. OLCD’s scalability to large sizes together with its high brightness and long lifetime make it uniquely suited to meeting automotive lifetime and reliability standards by using already qualified materials and processes.
In July 2017 FlexEnable began the industrialisation of OLCD following a technology transfer and license agreement with Chinese display manufacturer Truly Semiconductors. Volume shipments of OLCD are expected from end of 2018.
At the international symposium held during SID Display Week, FlexEnable will be presenting its latest business and technological successes in various informative talks:
- Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 2:40pm – 4:10pm: SID/DSCC Investors Conference, Chuck Milligan, CEO of FlexEnable
- Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 2:15pm – 3:45pm: Automotive Display Market Focus Conference, Simon Jones, Commercial Director at FlexEnable
- Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 12:10 – 12:30pm: Symposium – Session 9, Emerging Flexible Electronics and Displays, Invited paper 9.4: High Performance Organic Thin Film Transistors (OTFTs) for Plastic Sensor Applications, Dr. Mike Banach, Technical Director at FlexEnable
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 9:00am – 9:20am: Symposium – Session 27, Advances in Automotive Displays, Invited paper 27.1: OLCD – Manufacturing glass-free vehicle displays, Dr. Vincent Barlier, Senior Business Development Engineer at FlexEnable
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 4:30pm – 4:45m: Exhibitors' Forum – Session 7, Low cost, Conformable Organic LCDs on Plastic and their Applications, Simon Jones, Commercial Director at FlexEnable
All events will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Visitors to SID Display Week 2018 (May 22 – 22, 2018) can find FlexEnable at stand 1338.
FlexEnable has developed the world’s first flexible electronics technology platform that allows electronics made of organic materials to be manufactured on flexible plastic film, the thickness of a sheet of paper. Compatible with existing manufacturing lines, it is the key to truly flexible and cost effective electronics over large and small surfaces. The core applications of this technology are glass-free, flexible displays and sensors that enable game-changing products across a variety of industries including consumer electronics, automotive, digital signage, wearables, medical and security. FlexEnable’s customers include OEMs, component manufacturers and materials suppliers. The company offers a comprehensive range of services-based packages for its technology platform including: ProductEnable™, MaterialsEnable™ and FabEnable™. www.flexenable.com
Companies interested in working together with FlexEnable should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Contact: email@example.com
FlexEnable’s award-winning organic electronics platform and high-performance OTFT materials enable low cost, glass-free flexible displays, sensors and optics that can be conformed and shaped to almost any surface.