Following the recent retirement of respected colleague Paul Tyler, Marshall Leasing is delighted to announce the recruitment of John Couppleditch.
Marshall Leasing welcomes John Couppleditch to its Account Management Team
John will be joining the existing Account Management Team as Paul’s replacement.
John brings with him a wealth of experience gained across the industry and has previously worked with Peter Cakebread, Jonathan Ross and Chris Lavender when they were first starting out in the world of vehicle leasing. Since those days whilst they have all been concentrating on the singular entity in Marshall Leasing, John has been covering some exciting and interesting turf, working in a number of roles. These include: First National Group, RBS Group, ALD Automotive, Hitachi Capital in a mixture of strategic account management and New business acquisition roles.
The late 00s saw John developing driver training solutions and telematics. For the last ten years John has helped the introduction of contract hire as a concept into schools for their minibuses as well as fully supporting schools with compliance advice and driver training solutions. During that time, he kept up to date with the corporate fleet market place and the issues affecting it.
Family man John lives in Oxford is married to Tina with four children and four grandchildren.
- Favourite car - ‘90s Volvo 850 T5 Estate or any Aston Martin.
- Rock or Classic - Rock (isn’t that classic?) AC/DC – Pink Floyd – The Cure.
- Pint or Glass - Love a pint of real Ale.
- Perfect day off - Walking our two dogs in the woods or on the beach before lunch. An afternoon picnic with the family, evening in the garden with a nice glass of red with a couple of logs on the fire pit, or in the Winter a roaring hearth fire.
- Favourite film - The Martins – 2001. Starring Lee Evans, Kathy Burke, Mark Strong and Ray Winston.
- Favourite sport (to watch) - Cricket – Test and one day. Lords and Edgbaston are my favourite venues.
- Opera or Ballet – Ballet.
- Full English or bran flakes – Why not both? Poached eggs on the full English though!
- Favourite book – The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks.
- Greatest achievement outside of joining ML - Raising our four daughters into good and caring people.
Jonathan Ross, Sales & Marketing Director said: “It is always exciting when someone joins our business, John has relevant fresh knowledge around what the competition is doing. We will be exploiting John’s minibus experience and capitalising on his knowledge in this sector. John is a delightful fit because he can literally hit the ground running. He has held senior roles in sales management which reinforces our strategy of employing highly professional experienced consultants who are self-sufficient. John will support our customer offering, bring fresh ideas and be a genuine partner in our team. We are really delighted to have John join us and I am looking forward to working closely with him over the months and years ahead.”
Christian Sawers, Senior Account Manager said: ”I am delighted to have John on board as an intrinsic part of our customer service Account Management team. John’s breadth of experience in the industry adds an immediate value to our client relationships with his experience and knowledge. I am very much looking forward to working with him as part of our dynamic team”.
So, what does John have to say about his decision to join Marshall Leasing?
“I had kept a close eye on Marshall Leasing over the years and maintained my relationships with Peter, Jonathan and Chris. I always respected the way Marshall Leasing conducted their business and looked after their customers. I guess you could say it was an ambition of mine, to join what I saw as a successful business run by people with whom I had genuine affinity. So, when I became aware that Paul was looking to retire, I was quick to throw my hat in the ring. It feels like a great time to be joining especially now that Marshall is part of Northridge Finance”
Founded in 1909, the Marshall Group has a turnover of £2.5bn and over 5,700 employees. Headquartered on a 900-acre site in Cambridge, Marshall has three principal arms to the business: Aerospace and Defence; Property; and Ventures.