Cambridge Cleantech is delighted to announce the first half of SMEs who will pitch to an audience of experienced investors at Cleantech Venture Day on 12th February 2020.
First 12 companies shortlisted to pitch at Cleantech Venture Day
After an astounding number of applications received, Cambridge Cleantech is now very happy to announce the first 12 out of the 24 companies who will pitch to grow their venture at Cleantech Venture Day, the pitching-and-investment event geared towards the cleantech sector in February 2020.
The following innovators have made the first shortlist:
- Green Unit Limited – Green Unit Limited designs and manufactures modular ultra-low carbon ‘ARC’ eco-buildings, including offices and residential buildings as well as health and wellness spaces and school classrooms.
- Oxwash – Oxwash is a new eco on-demand laundry and dry cleaning start-up, based in Oxford, taking an award winning and sustainable approach to solving your laundry, textile and garment care by minimising waste and detrimental environmental impact where possible.
- FocalSun - Cambridge-based, FocalSun is an innovative tech company that produced the first light-weight solar rooftop technology, concentrating sunlight over 500 times by reflecting surfaces with a proprietary curvature.
- Flit – Cambridge based Start-up Flit develops lightweight folding E-bikes for urban commuters. After a successful launch, they are now looking to further commercialize their product.
- Nacifi Environmental Research Ltd – Nacifi has developed a low-carbon process to transform cereal straw, such as wheat, barley, or oat into unbleached paper pulp, which can be used for packaging and other paper products.
- TechnoCarbon – TechnoCarbon develops low carbon substitutes for concrete, aluminium and steel in the buildings, infrastructure and transportation industries.
- Petit Pli Ltd – Petit Pli is a multi-award-winning wearable technology company with engineering clothes that grow, based in London. Petit Pli was launched to address the waste generated by the garment industry.
- Orxa Grid Ltd – Orxa Grid is an award-winning technology start-up which seeks to support integration of low carbon technologies into the electricity grid to help meet global clean energy ambitions.
- Vortexiot Ltd – Based in Wales, Vortexiot builds next generation sensor and network systems for managing environmental compliance through hyperlocal air quality and pollution monitoring.
- Connected Energy – Connected Energy is a London based SME developing smart meters for solar PV and biogas, for emerging energy economies.
- Zedify UK – Zedify is the zero emissions alternative to urban logistics and deliveries that makes cities more livable, happier and healthier environments. They have offices in Cambridge, London, Norwich and more.
- VH quatrevintreize – French SME VH quatrevintreize is working on a solution using hydropower to build a 100% sustainable worldwide energy system.
With over 100 applications received, the investor jury and team have worked hard to narrow it down to 24: “In the process of paring down the entries, we were delighted with the quality all these investment-ready and innovative companies. Everything from wearable technology to zero carbon accommodation, smart meters, hydropower and solar power will now be presented on the 11th-12th February in London, a wonderful commercial opportunity for investors.”, says Martin Garratt, CEO of Cambridge Cleantech.
In conjunction with the event, Cambridge Cleantech will be hosting Meet the Buyer events with Schneider Electric and LafargeHolcim. Details on how to apply can be found here. This year the event will be held in two wonderful venues, the Residence de France in London and Number Twenty (KPMG).
Cleantech Venture Days have been running since 2006 and over the last decade more than 220 companies have pitched their ideas and as much as 600 million euros having been invested post the event. For this year’s event, Cambridge Cleantech is partnering with Avanto Venture and Oxfordshire Greentech. We are very thankful to our sponsors KPMG, Choose Paris Region, J A Kemp, Hewitsons, and Clean Growth UK for making this event possible.
Cambridge Cleantech is the members’ organisation supporting the growth of environmental goods and services or “cleantech” companies in Greater Cambridge and beyond.