In her regular series for Cambridge Network members - now in its 15th year! - software training expert Karen Roem offers handy tips to help you 'Tame your computer'. This week she describes an intuitive way to turn your mouse into a red, green or blue laser pointer (PowerPoint 2013 onwards).
Tame your computer - some colourful pointers
Back in October 2013 I wrote a tip on how to turn your mouse into a laser pointer, so you could draw attention to something on a slide. In PowerPoint 2010 you can do this by pressing CTRL and your left mouse button, but to be perfectly honest, I had difficulty remembering the trick as it was so unintuitive.
If you agree and have upgraded to version 2013 or 2016, you might like the new shortcut.
1. Start the Slide Show as normal. (F5, anyone?)
2. Press CTRL + L to switch the laser pointer on.
3. Press CTRL + L to switch the laser pointer off.
If you don't like the red pointer, you can make it green or blue:
1. If necessary, end the Slide Show. (For example, press ESC.)
2. On the Slide Show tab, in the Set Up group, click Set Up Slide Show.
3. Select your preferred colour from the Laser pointer color list.
4. Click OK.
Our current course schedule can be found online. Book more than one person from your organisation on the same course, on the same date, and you get 10% off.
24 February 2020