How easy are you finding it to engage with new sales opportunities in the current climate? Experienced Sales Development Reps (SDRs) can prove to be an invaluable resource for delivering against a variety of goals, particularly when we are faced with the challenges of doing business in a constantly-changing environment.
Why Sales Development Reps are key to success
Cyber Business Growth writes:
With the possibility of face-to-face meetings currently limited due to the pandemic, we are definitely learning from our clients that they are finding it increasingly challenging.
However, having experienced SDRs can prove to be an invaluable resource for delivering against a variety of goals from customer profiling and qualified lead generation to digital marketing campaigns, event recruitment and increasing partner base and end-user reach.
At CBG we provide much more than simply a telemarketing service - we don’t just deliver meeting volumes - we deliver quality as well as quantity, generating qualified and nurtured meetings with the right contact, who has budget available and is a decision maker.
We are an extension of the sales function, increasing sales representation. Our team of experienced and proactive SDRs work to fully understand your proposition, handle objections, and get your voice heard within key target prospects. Our lead generation activity helps to significantly develop and drive sales pipeline, as well as increase brand recognition and awareness.
So, what skills does a successful SDR need?
- Strong communication skills are essential to clearly convey the messaging and an SDR must be comfortable communicating with a wide variety of people via different platforms – F2F, video, telephone, email, social media etc.
- Time management is key, along with the ability to balance quantity with quality of potential leads to ensure optimum conversion rates.
- It can be a hard job and it’s important that an SDR is resilient and doesn’t let negative feedback or rejection affect subsequent calls. They need to be confident with objection handling and remain positive and engaged at all times.
- The ability to personalise and adapt a conversation is crucial to make it more relevant to a prospect, rather than simply running through a standard checklist.
- Great listening and understanding skills enable an SDR to engage more effectively with prospects & develop genuine relationships.
- Being inquisitive and keen to learn is key to developing a thorough knowledge of the solution, how it can benefit prospects and solve the challenges they face.
Our Sales Development Services encompass a wide range of activities specifically developed to assist your business in achieving its targets. Please contact us for further information on how we can support you.
Cyber Business Growth is a specialist cyber consultancy practice consolidating the skills of trusted, accomplished and influential industry experts to help enterprises, vendors, channel partners and investment companies navigate the complex world of cyber security.
The philosophy of CBG is to impart our cyber experience, knowledge, operational know-how and access to the market to those that need it. Our range of services has evolved to ensure we can successfully provide comprehensive expertise in the ever-changing marketplace by understanding and solving complex business and security challenges through advisory, cyber, and business-focused consultancy services.
Our unparalleled experience with both emerging and established Cyber Security vendors across the globe and our access to cyber experts, provides a full 360-degree view around Cyber Security, alongside our specialist service capabilities.