ARM and PlayCanvas inspire developers at Gamelab Barcelona 2014
ARM® and PlayCanvas, the cloud-hosted game development platform, will demonstrate the best techniques and tools for both native and browser-based application development on mobile devices at Gamelab in Barcelona this week.
With presentations and live demonstrations suitable for both experienced and beginner developers, ARM and PlayCanvas will offer an educational and inspirational experience to all who attend.
Where: ARM booth, Gamelab Barcelona at Filmoteca de Catalunya, Placa de Salvador, Segui 1 Barcelona, Spain.
When: June 25 - 27, 2014
Why: The mobile games industry is booming and estimated to be worth more than $22 billion by the end of next year. If you want to deliver a stand-out user experience in this attractive market, it is imperative to learn how to recognise easily and overcome familiar performance bottlenecks in mobile games. Through talks, demonstrations and in-depth analysis of scenes taken from real applications, along with the use of popular and easily accessible tools from both Unity and ARM’s own collection, attendees will gain the knowledge they need to generate a high performing, energy-efficient application that will get itself noticed.
ARM and PlayCanvas at Gamelab Barcelona 2014:
• Wednesday, June 25, 11 a.m. - “Future of Mobile Entertainment,” Chomon Room
Gemma Paris, Developer Community Manager, Media Processing Group, moderates a panel discussion with Sean Alexander (Microsoft), Robert Schoeppe (Sony Mobile Communications), Xavier Carrillo (Digital Legends Entertainment), Miguel Ángel Pastor (Halfbrick)
• Thursday, June 26, 11 a.m. - “Profiling Unity Games on Mobile Platforms,” Laya Room
Angelo Theodorou, Senior Software Engineer, Media Processing Group,
• Thursday, June 26, 4:30 p.m. - “Performance Optimization and Debug Tools for Mobile Games with PlayCanvas,” Laya Room
Jonathan Kirkham, Senior Software Engineer, Software Development Group
• In addition, at the ARM booth you will see: ◦ Interactive HTML5 and WebGL applications built using the collaborative PlayCanvas development platform
◦ Methods to reduce the energy consumption of mobile apps, including the benefits of Adaptive Scalable Texture Compression (ASTC) for texture compression and transaction elimination
◦ Stunning mobile games running on ARM Mali™ GPU-based devices, designed to highlight the latest features of Unity3D such as Enlighten technology and physically based shading
ARM is at the heart of the world’s most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion System on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies. Learn more and join the conversation at http://community.arm.com.
ARM and Mali are registered trademarks of ARM Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the EU and/or elsewhere. All rights reserved. All other brands or product names are the property of their respective holders.
“ARM” refers to ARM Holdings plc (LSE: ARM and NASDAQ: ARMH) and members of its corporate group as constituted from time to time.
Andy Winstanley, Head of Corporate PR
Direct: +44 1223 405244
To read more information, click here.
ARM is at the heart of the world’s most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society.