We’re pleased to announce the launch of the Eagle Lab Flight, a comprehensive business and leadership accelerator for early-stage high-growth companies.
Eagle Lab Flight lands in Reading
Barclays is recruiting companies to join their Accelerator programme, which will be delivered at the new Eagle Lab in Reading in partnership with VitalSix and Henley Business School.
While the programme is part of a wider Thames Valley network of high-growth and scale up businesses associated with Innovation Catalyst, applications are welcome from businesses from across the UK.
What is Eagle Lab Flight?
We’re looking for high growth businesses working on smart cities and digital connectivity technologies, particularly in the following sectors, to join our 16-week accelerator programme:
- Health and well-being
- Transport and logistics
- Data applications
Who should apply?
We’re looking for ambitious high growth businesses with:
- the knowledge and drive to build a scalable business
- an experienced and skilled team
- a growing addressable market
- the potential for sustainable growth of at least than 20% p.a.
- an innovative market- leading or disruptive technology/product/service
- revenue (or close to generating revenue)
- a strong value proposition and competitive advantage
- a commitment to develop your business and be based full-time at the Eagle Lab in Reading for the duration of the programme.
Why you should apply
Our 16-week programme will help you to develop a robust, scalable business model that will be ready to raise early-stage funding. We will equip you with the skills and knowledge to tackle key strategic and tactical questions you need to address to build and scale your business.
After the programme, you will have:
- A clear strategic vision and a plan of action with milestones and KPIs
- A clear strategy for growth
- Plans to expand and scale, underpinned with sound business analysis and market insight
- A better understanding of your core skills and behaviours and the knowledge to recognise the skills of others
- Increased confidence to motivate and inspire your team
- An investment-ready business plan to maximise your chances of success in securing finance
- A deeper understanding of types of finance and suitability for your business
- Confidence in raising finance
- A network of like-minded peers
The Accelerator comprises:
- A two-day Strategic Foundation workshop
- A dedicated lead adviser/mentor
- Specialist input from your peers
- Regular one-to-one advisory sessions
- A series of Masterclasses with one-to-one advice on key subjects including People & Leadership, Financial Governance, Marketing & Sales, IP, Managing Innovation, Raising Finance and Pitching
- Introductions to specialists and industry sector leads from Barclays
- Membership of Innovation Catalyst with networking and peer group activities and access to a network of business service providers as well as media, investors, successful entrepreneurs and corporate innovation manager
- The opportunity to pitch and showcase your business to potential investors and partners
- Access to funding opportunities (subject to eligibility) and introductions to potential sources of finance including Start Up Loans, SEIS/EIS funds, Henley Business Angels, Barclays venture debt, Thames Valley Funding Escalator etc.
- One desk for six months at Innovation Catalyst’s business incubation centre at Thames Valley Science Park
- Access to a specialist high-growth team with the tools and resources that will help your business grow.
What is your commitment?
We ask that you commit to being based full-time at the Eagle Lab Reading for the duration of the 16-week programme (starting in April 2018).
We do ask that each successful company pays £1,500 (plus VAT) to confirm their commitment to the programme. The value of the support you will get from the programme far outweighs your financial commitment.
Applications are currently open until 23 March and we’re holding taster sessions at the Reading Enterprise Centre on 20 February and 21 March at the Reading Enterprise Centre between 4pm and 6pm.
Barclays Bank in Cambridge provides support to our customers, for a range of diverse needs. From opening your first bank account at 11, to multi national corporations, we have the knowledge and passion to help you grow!