An array of classic and contemporary cars will be lining up along IWM Duxford’s historic airfield this August Bank Holiday for the Summer Car Show.
Gear up for the IWM Duxford Summer Car Show this August Bank Holiday Sunday
The car show will feature an impressive line-up of vehicles presented by car clubs – including Jaguar, Ferrari and Mini Cooper owners’ clubs – and individual owners.
Vintage and contemporary car owners are invited to join the action and add their vehicles to the line-up of stunning cars on display. Registration is open until Friday 24 August.*
In addition to the car show, Duxford Aviation Society are hosting tank rides**, while Classic Wings are offering unique flying experiences where participants can book to fly in a range of historic aircraft, including a two-seater Spitfire**.
As part of a trip to IWM Duxford this summer, visitors can walk through the same hangars and buildings as those who served at this former RAF air base during the First World War, Second World War and the Cold War, and may see aircraft take to the skies from the historic airfield. Hundreds of aircraft and objects are on display, with iconic aircraft ranging from a Lancaster bomber to an SR-71 Blackbird spy plane.
Besides aircraft, IWM Duxford also houses military vehicles, with tanks and even General Montgomery’s wartime caravans used during Operation ‘Overlord’ on display in the Land Warfare exhibition.
A new addition to the collection on display this year is the Tornado GR4, a combat jet deployed by the RAF in Afghanistan, and most recently in counter-ISIS operations in the Middle East. Visitors can get up close to the Tornado, an aircraft that is still being deployed in RAF operations today, and is a true piece of living history.
Entry to the Summer Car Show display is included with the admission price to IWM Duxford, offering families a thrilling way to enjoy their Bank Holiday Sunday.
- Admission to the Summer Car Show is included in the admission price to IWM Duxford.
- Last entry to the car show for participating vehicles is at 2pm on Sunday 26 August.
- Please note that inclement weather may affect the number of cars attending the Summer Car Show.
- Additional costs apply for tank rides and Classic Wings pleasure flights.
Information for car clubs and car owners
- Advanced booking online is required for car clubs and car owners; tickets are available to purchase until midday on Friday 24 August. Book online at www.iwm.org.uk/events/car-and-motorbike-club-visits-iwm-duxford.
- Car clubs and car owners can contact the IWM Duxford Commercial Team at email@example.com to register their participation in the Duxford Summer Car Show.
*To participate in the IWM Duxford Summer Car Show as a car club or car owner, advance vehicle registration is required.
**There is an additional cost for these activities.
IWM Duxford offers a unique and remarkable range of conferencing and events facilities, including the contemporary AirSpace Conference Centre.