NIHR Brain Injury MedTech Co-operative: Seedcorn Competition 2019 now open
The National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Brain Injury MedTech Co-operative is pleased to launch the Seedcorn Funding Competition 2019.
Applications are invited for funding for up to £10,000 to support the early development of novel technology-based solutions applicable to the brain injury pathway from prevention through to long term rehabilitation that includes Patient and Public Involvement.
- Deadline for applications is Thursday 6 June 2019, at 5pm.
- Notification of decision is Thursday 8 August 2019.
- Awarded projects will kick off on 5 September 2019.
For more information, please visit www.brainmic.nihr.ac.uk/competitions
Why you should apply
The NIHR Brain Injury HTC Funding Competitions 2014-2015 and 2016-2017 have seed funded 38 national projects that address the unmet needs identified
Applications are invited for funding up to £10,000 to support early development of novel technology-based solutions applicable to the brain injury pathway,from prevention through to long term rehabilitation,that include Patient and Public Involvement, Participation and Engagement (PPIPE).
Novel proposals are invited that are led by academic institutions, NHS Trusts, Third Sector organisations and SMEs. Collaborations and partnerships across sectors are encouraged. Preference will be given to collaborative projects that have a near term clinical impact or the potential to secure further substantial funding after proof of principle has been established
- The initial registration/expression of interest should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once registered,applicants will receive an application form. Final submission should be sent electronically to email@example.com
- Following submission,the shortlisted applications will undergo peer review through an independent expert panel. Decisions and feedback from the evaluation panel will be sent to principal applicants
The NIHR Brain Injury MedTech Co-operative is delivered in partnership between Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and University of Cambridge anonymously. The award letter will set our project requirements and will be circulated on 8 August 2019.
- Life Sciences Industrial Strategy
- NIHR Briefing on Medtech and In vitro diagnostic Co-operatives (MICs)
- NHS Long Term Plan
- Neurological Alliance-The long term plan for the NHS: Getting it right for neurology patients
- NIHR Brain Injury Healthcare Technology Unmet Needs Directory
Please contact the MIC core team on 01223 336 944 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To read more information, click here.