Taylor Wessing's International Trade Marks & Designs group is delighted to launch the second edition of its guide for brand owners On Your Marks, Get Set…Europe! This handy and practical tool is a comprehensive brand protection guide for anyone planning a business extension into, or expansion within, the European Union (EU).
On Your Marks, Get Set...Europe! Taylor Wessing publishes guide for brand owners
It will help you navigate the various trade mark systems of the EU, helping you ensure your brand is fully protected and not open to any threats.
The second edition has had a full refresh and also now includes a new chapter about Brexit and the implications this may have on your business.
If you have any of the below questions, then the guide can help:
- What do I need to do now, brand protection-wise, in light of Brexit?
- How do the overlapping EU systems work and why use one over another?
- What happens if I don't use my brand everywhere in the EU?
- What impact does the multitude of languages in Europe have on protection?
- Can I make any efficiencies when clearing, protecting and defending my brand across the EU?
- What happens if someone threatens to sue me for using my existing brand outside the EU?
- What happens if someone in the EU has hijacked my brand before it is launched there?
- Are there special advertising and marketing issues for brands within the EU?
Taylor Wessing says: "By highlighting the risks and opportunities that EU expansion can have for your brand, we hope this guide can help you avoid disputes and secure you a fair, but competitive, advantage in this key market.
"If you have any questions or queries regarding this guide or your brand that you would like to discuss, or to request a hard copy of the guide, please contact Taylor Wessing.
Access an e-copy of the guide
Taylor Wessing is a full-service international law firm, working with clients in the world’s most dynamic industries. We take a single-minded approach to advising our clients, helping them succeed by thinking innovatively about their business issues. We support clients wherever they want to do business. The firm has a sector focus with experts in technology, media and communications, life sciences and private