Learn how to podcast: one day training with Cambridge TV
Cambridge TV's one day masterclass on Wednesday 30 January teaches beginners and improvers how to podcast.
Podcasting has exploded in popularity recently. The medium can help businesses target their potential audience. Cambridge TV is hosting a practical training session for people who want to learn how to create an audio only or video podcast.
The course will cover:
• Story - structure and creating engaging content
• Style - formal or informal and how to achieve it
• How to ask interesting questions or infer a question through conversational means
• Presenter training - how to project yourself well, use your voice effectively and what to wear (if it's a video podcast)
• Technical setup - what equipment you will need and how it works
• How to capture good, clean audio using a range of microphones
• Platforms and output
• The step by step process from planning to a finished product
There are multiple styles you can pursue when creating your podcast series. The team will explore each of the different options and show you how to achieve its conventions, e.g. interview techniques on how to ask good questions to achieve a clear, succinct answer, how to draw out a story from your contributor and how to imply a question without asking one.
The masterclass will be hands-on with practical exercises aimed at improving your output. You will film in a real life TV studio that will be set up specifically for podcasting and have feedback on your work. You will see examples of when things have gone well, and not so well.
1-to-1 sessions are also available if you require a different date or further training.
To read more information, click here.
Local TV and video production company for Cambridge. Broadcasting on Freeview channel 7, Virgin Media and online. Partnered by Cambridge TV School which provides professional courses in all aspects of TV Production including film, editing, lighting, sound, studio management, presentation, self shooting and developing ideas for TV