In her regular series for Cambridge Network members, software training expert Karen Roem offers handy tips to help you 'Tame your computer'. This week she rounds off 2018 with a list of the most popular tips she's posted this year.
Tame your computer - the best of 2018: top 10 tips
Hello for the last time in 2018.
For the fourth year running, herewith your favourite, most commented on, tips from the past 12 months. Because of all your feedback it wasn’t easy to whittle it down to 10. (Thanks though – it makes my day knowing I’m saving you time and frustration!)
1. Move or copy cells using drag and drop - Microsoft Excel
2. Display the total number of messages in a folder, including those you read - Microsoft Outlook
3. Easy way to convert formulas to values - Microsoft Excel
5. How to put a zero in front of a number - Microsoft Excel
6. Autocomplete formulas including its open bracket - Microsoft Excel
7. Manage interruptions by setting up specific notifications only - Microsoft Outlook
8. Insert today's date or current time - Excel and Access
9. Find and insert a word with a similar meaning - Microsoft Office
10. Send a copy of your calendar as an email attachment to speed up scheduling meetings with externals - Microsoft Outlook
Oh, and don't forget to check out this useful tip before you go off on your Christmas break; it contains 5 tips to prevent email overload upon your return.
Wishing you a relaxing holiday season. Remember: Escape isn't just a button on your keyboard!
17 December 2018
Highly respected training company, specialising in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Since 2001 we have successfully developed and delivered training courses for public and private clients, large and small, across 23 countries around the world. We feel passionate about sharing the best of what we know with others and strive to help as many people as we can.