Tame your computer - the best of 2018: top 10 tips
In her regular series for Cambridge Network members, software training expert Karen Roem offers handy tips to help you 'Tame your computer'. This week she rounds off 2018 with a list of the most popular tips she's posted this year.
Hello for the last time in 2018.
For the fourth year running, herewith your favourite, most commented on, tips from the past 12 months. Because of all your feedback it wasn’t easy to whittle it down to 10. (Thanks though – it makes my day knowing I’m saving you time and frustration!)
1. Move or copy cells using drag and drop - Microsoft Excel
2. Display the total number of messages in a folder, including those you read - Microsoft Outlook
3. Easy way to convert formulas to values - Microsoft Excel
5. How to put a zero in front of a number - Microsoft Excel
6. Autocomplete formulas including its open bracket - Microsoft Excel
7. Manage interruptions by setting up specific notifications only - Microsoft Outlook
8. Insert today's date or current time - Excel and Access
9. Find and insert a word with a similar meaning - Microsoft Office
10. Send a copy of your calendar as an email attachment to speed up scheduling meetings with externals - Microsoft Outlook
Oh, and don't forget to check out this useful tip before you go off on your Christmas break; it contains 5 tips to prevent email overload upon your return.
Wishing you a relaxing holiday season. Remember: Escape isn't just a button on your keyboard!
17 December 2018
Karen Roem offers software training and support through her company Roem Ltd. Contact her by email ( Karen@roem.co.uk) or visit her website at www.roem.co.uk
Independent, innovative software training company based in Cambridge. Registered supplier to local companies such as AstraZeneca, University of Cambridge, South Cambridgeshire District Council and NHS England.