In her regular series for Cambridge Network members, software training expert Karen Roem offers handy tips to help you 'Tame your computer'. This week she details the Best of 2016 - this year's top 10 tips.
Tame your computer - the top 10 tips of 2016
This will be the last tip of the year as I'm pretty sure that if I leave it another week I will get lots and lots of "out of office" messages stating you’re tucking into mince pies and mulled wine.
So here are your favourite, most commented on, tips from the last 12 months. Don’t forget to check out number 6 before you’re off on your Christmas break!
- Add holidays to your calendar (Microsoft Outlook) - http://roem.co.uk/tip_471.php
- 10 tips for safe online banking - http://roem.co.uk/tip_473.php
- Make text look like it was marked with a highlighter pen (Word and Outlook) - http://roem.co.uk/tip_475.php
- Stop AutoCorrect from capitalizing text following specific abbreviations (Microsoft Office) - http://roem.co.uk/tip_476.php
- Create, store and insert frequently used text and graphics (Microsoft Word and Outlook) - http://roem.co.uk/tip_486.php
- Five tips to prevent email overload upon your return from holiday (Microsoft Outlook) - http://roem.co.uk/tip_489.php
- How to remove limitations of what is displayed in a cell (Microsoft Excel) - http://roem.co.uk/tip_491.php
- Set the default colour of a hyperlink (Microsoft Outlook) - http://roem.co.uk/tip_492.php
- Automatically move low-priority emails from your inbox (Microsoft Outlook) - http://roem.co.uk/tip_496.php
- Change the emphasis of a SmartArt graphic by changing its direction (Microsoft Office) - http://roem.co.uk/tip_501.php
Wishing you a relaxing holiday season. Escape isn't just a button on your keyboard!
* Unless stated otherwise, these tips were written for Microsoft Office 2010.
12 December 2016
Highly respected training company, specialising in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Since 2001 we have successfully developed and delivered training courses for public and private clients, large and small, across 23 countries around the world. We feel passionate about sharing the best of what we know with others and strive to help as many people as we can.