TWI is known for training the engineers of tomorrow, and is now looking to extend this with the launch of a new MSc programme to train engineers for leadership roles.
TWI launches new MSc in Engineering Leadership and Management
The Masters course, which is offered by the National Structural Integrity Research Centre (www.NSIRC.co.uk) in collaboration with Aston University, will run at TWI, Cambridge, over 12 weekends per year for two years, with a dissertation in the third year. The final year of the course is spent in employment, ensuring that the studies maintain their ‘real world’ focus and application.
However, the course is much more than just an MSc, as there are a range of additional embedded qualifications and benefits:
- on completion, in addition to the MSc, students will receive a Post Graduate Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership awarded by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). They also become members of the CMI (MCMI) with an exemption route option towards becoming a Chartered Manager
- furthermore, the course offers a level seven, 20 credits, award in Leadership and Management from the Institute of Leadership and Management
- the programme targets the ‘how’ of leadership by promoting experiential learning
- the degree is demand-led and allows the employer, to contribute to the design of year two of the course and to the choice for the major project in year three
- there are only assignments for each module – with no exams
- the MSc targets engineers specifically in terms of both content and mode of delivery/learning style
- annual cohorts are capped at 15 students to ensure exceptional one-to-one support and coaching
- teaching is delivered by lecturers with strong industrial, as well as academic, credibility – their experience is invariably at board level and multinational
- the course is very favourably priced, being a fraction of that for a typical MBA.
Recruitment for the next cohort is starting now, with the course due to begin in October 2017.
If you wish to find out more about the course you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
TWI is a world leading research and technology organisation with a focus on materials, engineering and manufacturing.