PA Consulting Group has won a major contract from the UK Ministry of Defence’s Research Acquisition Organisation to research, define, develop and de-risk advanced logistics concepts, which will have important implications for the transportation and management of material throughout the future defence supply chain.
PA Consulting wins MoD research contract to develop and demonstrate advanced logistics con...
Working as Prime Contractor, PA Consulting Group is leading a joint industry and academic team to assess and develop the inter-modal and asset/consignment tracking concepts and technologies that are required to meet current and future logistics requirements. PA and the team will also ensure that the integration of these concepts and technologies is de-risked effectively in support of future logistic related acquisitions.
The complete programme of work is scheduled to be completed by May 2009, and its output will be used to inform decisions to progress with full development, procurement and fielding of an integrated inter-modal transport and tracking system.
Lessons learnt in
The team, led by PA, comprises BMT Defence Services Ltd, Consilium (part of the Wincanton Group),
About PA Consulting Group
At PA Consulting Group, we transform the performance of organisations.
We put together teams from many disciplines and backgrounds to tackle the most complex problems facing our clients, working with leaders and their staff to turn around organisations in the private and public sectors. Clients call on us when they want:
- an innovative solution: counter-intuitive thinking and groundbreaking solutions
- a highly responsive approach: we listen, and then we act decisively and quickly
- delivery of hard results: we get the job done, often trouble-shooting where previous initiatives have failed.
We are an independent, employee-owned, global firm of 3,000 talented individuals, operating from offices across the world, in Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia, and
• defence • energy • financial services • government and public services • international development • life sciences and healthcare • manufacturing • postal services • retail • telecommunications • transportation •
About the Ministry of Defence
About the RAO
Established in late 2003 and based at the
- operating environment research
- leading the interpretation of results
- procuring research (or other S&T activity)
- defining research requirements and formulating programmes.
The RAO has about 85 members of staff covering a range of technical, project management, commercial, finance and administration roles. It works closely with DSTL and other MoD colleagues such as the Future Business Group of the Defence Procurement Agency. It is organised around 4 groups: Technology, Information, Manoeuvre and Effects, with a supporting ‘corporate’ arm with cross-cutting commercial, finance and management expertise.
About the joint delivery team
BMT Defence Services Ltd http://www.bmtdsl.co.uk/
Lotus Engineering http://www.grouplotus.com/eng/
Marshall Group http://www.marshallgroup.co.uk/ma/default.asp?company=ma
PA Consulting Group is an innovation and transformation consultancy. We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.