Enterprising Women and Menta are holding an event for women who have set up in business or who have an idea and are looking for advice to take the next step. Come along and be inspired.
Want to start or grow your business - Haverhill, Suffolk
The event will commence with at introduction from Enterprising Women, providing an overview of how Enterprising Women can support you as your business grows from pre start to high growth.
Followed by presentations from three inspiring women who will share their highs and lows and offer advice as you start on your journey
Jan Cavelle - The Jan Cavelle Furniture Company Ltd
- The Jan Cavelle Furniture Company makes and supplies furniture to interior designers. Situated in Haverhill since the end of 2000. Jan started the business selling from home as a way to support herself and two small children following her divorce.
- Having slowly started her own sprayshop and then bought out the cabinet makers supplying her, she amalgamated the two and started a serious expansion plan thereafter. www.jancavelle.com
Janean Ward - Mini Digger Hire
- Janean started her own digger business in 2007.It all began with a house extension - but a mother-of-two Janean Ward has turned her digging exploits into a business.
- She now owns two mini diggers and a mini crusher and goes around clearing rubble, ripping up concrete, crushing building waste, clearing overgrowth, burying dead animals and digging ponds. www.minicrusherhire.co.uk
Emma Jones - Enterprise Nation
- Emma Jones is founder and editor of Enterprise Nation www.enterprisenation.com, the home business website, and has started two businesses herself from home offices in London, Manchester and rural Shropshire.
- Using her experience Emma has written Spare Room Start Up, a friendly and stylish guide on all the pointers you need to turn a business dream into reality, from the comfort of your own home.
- Emma will be offering her book at the event for the special Enterprising Women price of £10
A transformational programme with a mission to create over 5000 new jobs, 1400 new apprenticeships and generate significant inward investment in Cambridgeshire & Peterborough over the next three years.