In her regular series for Cambridge Network members, software training expert Karen Roem offers handy tips to help you 'Tame your computer'. This week she recalls the top 10 of 2017 - the tips which have resonated most with her many readers.
Tame your computer - Best of 2017: top 10 tips
Hello for the last time in 2017.
Here are your favourite, most commented on, tips from the past 12 months to get you inspired for the year ahead. I hope you enjoy them!
- Schedule your e-mail message to be sent at your preferred date and time (Microsoft Outlook)
- Fast way to start a bulleted or numbered list (Microsoft Word and Outlook)
- Reopen recently closed tabs (Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox)
- Find the best time to schedule a meeting (Microsoft Outlook)
- Show changes and comments inline instead of in balloons (Microsoft Word)
- Change the colour of public holidays in your calendar (Microsoft Outlook)
- Protecting your formulas (Microsoft Excel)
- Quick way to paste content of the clipboard into an email message (Microsoft Outlook)
- Create a bulleted list in your workbook (Microsoft Excel)
- Find email messages sent or received between certain dates (Microsoft Outlook)
Oh, and don't forget to check out this handy tip before you go off on your holidays; it contains five ways to prevent email overload upon your return from a break.
Wishing you a relaxing holiday season. Remember: Escape isn't just a button on your keyboard!
15 Decemberr 2017