The Financial Doctor seeks to operate in a similar way to medical doctors and to undertake specific one-off bits of work for corporate clients ("patients") who for various reasons are not as healthy as they might be.Using the well-established axiom-evaluation service and other specially designed tools, The Financial Doctor seeks to:
- review and assess the financial health of the client
- diagnose the underlying problems which have resulted in the client's ill-health
- prescribe remedies for the condition via a detailed report
Having discussed the options with the 'patient', The Financial Doctor is usually asked to:
- undertake 'surgery' leading to the client's recovery and good health.
'Surgical work' typically involves Axiom-e providing Finance Director assistance for a period of time ranging from a few weeks to several months. During this period we work to help turn the business around.
Visiting the Doctor early enough will result in a successful recovery. Research though shows that the later a patient waits to see the Doctor, the more difficult it is to make a complete recovery!
As the work required is tailored specifically to your company, please contact us to arrange a free initial meeting after which we will quote for acting as your Financial Doctor.
During a recently concluded programme of treatment for a well-established client, Axiom-e:
- prepared a business plan
- secured over £540,000 of funds to provide a firm foundation for progressing
- helped rationalise the client to better match resources with requirements
- introduced an appropriate costing system so that profitability by product and by customer could be determined
- prepared a detailed sales-led budget
- devised and introduced a focused management information system
- sourced an interim Managing Director to help drive operational issues
- established more appropriate accounting procedures for an overseas subsidiary
- trained and mentored staff to provide them with the means to manage the company themselves
The client is now on the road to recovery.