The Barclays Scale Up UK is an innovative programme which aims to enhance the performance and competitiveness of high potential early stage businesses with growth appetite as well as growth potential that are deemed to be engines of growth in the UK.
The programme is designed to support the companies by helping them formulate, articulate and implement a growth plan for their business through defining and articulating the business value proposition, designing a sustainable business model, enhancing operational and leadership capabilities and strengthening financial literacy.
The Barclays Scale Up UK Programme is designed to help your business:
- Achieve a significantly accelerated growth plan
- Better support the role of the leadership team in this growth
- Be able to define and articulate the value proposition of your business
- Design a business model for sustainable growth
- Develop a 'go-to-market' strategy for your products and services
- Address company-specific challanges
- Gain exposure to like-minded founding teams and senior managers, to share best practice and business development advice
- Establish a network of contacts for business and personal development
The programme will begin with an on-site diagnostic visit by a member of the Cambridge Judge team. This coach member will support you throughout your journey and provide a point of contact within the School.
The programme will cover the following topics over the six workshops:
- Strategy and Value Curves
- Market and Ideation for Growth
- Business Models and Cascading
- Operations and Excellence
- Leadership and Talent Management
- Finance and How to Present your Growth Plan
A key component of the programme will involve collaborative problem-solving and learning from the experiences of other participants. In doing so, CEOs and founding teams will build the management capabilities of their organisations. These results rest on the condition that the CEOs and founding teams commit to attending the workshops and seeing their action plans through.