Each delegate will be asked to complete and return a pre-course questionnaire, to enable the trainer to tailor the session to meet their needs. The general topics we cover in the session are:
- Welcome, Introduction and Agenda
- Know Yourself: An introduction to Culture
- Knowing Them
- Know How They See You
- Underpinning Behaviour of Japanese Society
- Characteristic Traits of the Japanese
- Management Behaviours
- Conclusion: Practical Steps to Take - Communicating with the Japanese
By the end of this course, you will:
- understand what motivates your Japanese colleagues and customers
- understand how and when you need to modify your business behaviour to create a positive impression and manage team activities
- be able to use a range of techniques for effective cross-cultural communication
- have a toolbox of practical tips that will be immediately useful in their next encounter with your Japanese partners.
The course is interactive and delegates will be encouraged to share their experience (in a confidential environment) and explore solutions together through discussion, exercises and role-play of ‘real life’ business scenarios. The trainer will also refer to powerpoint throughout the session, which will be provided as a hard copy at the end of the day.
Babel has an established relationship with Cambridge Network since 2006. Providing Cultural Training delivered by experienced, professional, personable trainers.
Working with the Japanese can be challenging. Even though it is stimulating and rewarding, there are potential difficulties when people from different cultures misunderstand each other, especially when English is not their first language. This practical workshop will identify the keys to understanding the Japanese and will enable you to be more effective when working with your Japanese team members, partners and clients.
What our delegates say…
“Perfect preparation for our forthcoming interactions with potential Japanese customers. Very practical advice on all levels that I was hoping for.“
“Being able to get personalised advice on how to handle the Japanese and plan meetings was valuable.”
“I will make sure I brief my staff about what I have learnt today.”
“Very good trainer, excellent content, very helpful “
“Excellent. The trainer’s pronunciation was very understandable for non-native speakers. If an unfamiliar
term was used, he spent time to explain those.”
For any assignees due to go to Japan we can offer them and their family a “Working and Living Effectively in Japan” session delivered in house or at their home, pre-departure.
For any assignees from Japan due to the UK, we can offer them and their family a “Working and Living Effectively in the UK” session delivered in house or at their home, upon arrival.
To compliment this training we can also provide Japanese and EFL language training, Advanced Business English and Accent Modification. The lessons can be delivered face-to-face, ‘live’ on-line or as a blended solution.
Delegates can also sign up to our free monthly cultural newsletter.