Each delegate will be asked to complete and return a pre-course questionnaire, to enable the trainer to tailor the session to meet their needs. The general topics we cover in the session are:
• Welcome, Introduction and Agenda
• Know yourself: An introduction to Culture
• Getting to Know the ME
• Business and Social Etiquette
• Practical Guidelines for working in the ME
• Daily life in ME
By the end of this course, you will:
• gain the skills of cultural intelligence to adjust to the work style and culture of ME
• understand how and when you need to modify your behaviour to create a positive impression and avoid giving unintentional offence
• be more effective in your work by learning about Arab and Muslim working and social etiquette
• become aware of potential communication problems and of the steps to take to avoid misunderstandings and to achieve outcomes successfully.
The course is interactive and delegates will be encouraged to share their experience (in a confidential environment) and explore solutions together through discussion, exercises and role-play of ‘real life’ business scenarios. The trainer will also refer to powerpoint throughout the session, which will be provided as a hard copy at the end of the day.
Babel has an established relationship with Cambridge Network since 2006. Providing Cultural Training delivered by experienced, professional, personable trainers.
Working with the Middle East can be challenging. Even though it is stimulating and rewarding, there are potential difficulties when people from different cultures misunderstand each other, especially when English is not their first language. This practical workshop will identify the keys to understanding the Indians and will enable you to be more effective when working with your Middle East team members, partners and clients.
What our delegates say…
“Everyone was really satisfied with the training. I know quite a few people were sceptical about the value of spending a full day doing it but from the feedback I have had it really fulfilled our needs.”
“Excellent, comprehensive course, would definitely recommend.”
“I have learnt quite a few facts that I was unaware of previously.”
“Good shared discussion amongst trainer and participants.”
For any assignees due to go to India we can offer them and their family a “Working and Living Effectively in the ME” session delivered in house or at their home, pre-departure.
For any assignees from the ME due to the UK, we can offer them and their family a “Working and Living Effectively in the UK” session delivered in house or at their home, upon arrival.
To compliment this training we can also provide Arabic and EFL language training, Advanced Business English and Accent Modification. The lessons can be delivered face-to-face, ‘live’ on-line or as a blended solution.
Delegates can also sign up to our free monthly cultural newsletter.