Each delegate will be asked to complete and return a pre-course questionnaire, to enable the trainer to tailor the session to meet their needs. The general topics we cover in the session are:
- Welcome, Introduction and Agenda
- Introduction and general information on France
- Cultural Awareness
- French Business Practice and Communication
- French Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- French Business Etiquette & Social Protocols
- Communication - Forms of address, greetings, use of tu/vous, the meaning of “non”, need to complain (“râleur”)
- Conclusion and round-up
By the end of this course, you will:
- understand what motivates your French colleagues and customers
- understand how and when you need to modify your business behaviour to create a positive impression and manage team activities
- be able to use a range of techniques for effective cross-cultural communication
- have a toolbox of practical tips that will be immediately useful in their next encounter with your French partners.
The course is interactive and delegates will be encouraged to share their experience (in a confidential environment) and explore solutions together through discussion, exercises and role-play of ‘real life’ business scenarios. The trainer will also refer to powerpoint throughout the session, which will be provided as a hard copy at the end of the day.
Babel has an established relationship with Cambridge Network since 2006. Providing Cultural Training delivered by experienced, professional, personable trainers.
Working with the French can be challenging. Even though it is stimulating and rewarding, there are potential difficulties when people from different cultures misunderstand each other, especially when English is not their first language. This practical workshop will identify the keys to understanding the French and will enable you to be more effective when working with your French team members, partners and clients.
What our delegates say…
“You cannot over estimate how relevant this type of awareness is for this firm. This would be very valuable for our French pals to learn how to understand us!”
“It really is up to us to do something with this insight.”
For any assignees due to go to France we can offer them and their family a “Working and Living Effectively in France” session delivered in house or at their home, pre-departure.
For any assignees from France due to the UK, we can offer them and their family a “Working and Living Effectively in the UK” session delivered in house or at their home, upon arrival.
To compliment this training we can also provide French, EFL language training, Advanced Business English and Accent Modification. The lessons can be delivered face-to-face, ‘live’ on-line or as a blended solution. Or as an immersion week course in France.
Delegates can also sign up to our free monthly cultural newsletter.