Each delegate will be asked to complete and return a pre-course questionnaire, to enable the trainer to tailor the session to meet their needs. The general topics we cover in the session are:
• Characteristics of British Society
• British Underpinning Behaviour and Values in the Workplace
• British Organisation & Structure, Leadership, Team Expectations
• Communication, Understanding British Coded Language, Meetings and Presentations
• What’s it really like in the UK? Living here, the practicalities.
By the end of this one-day course, the delegate/s will:
• Understand what motivates their British colleagues and in the workplace
• Understand how and when they need to modify their behaviour to create a positive impression and avoid unintentional offence
• Be able to use a range of techniques for effective communication with the British
• Have a toolbox of practical tips that will be immediately useful in their next encounter with their British colleagues and neighbours.
The course is interactive and the delegates will be encouraged to share their experience and explore solutions together through discussion, active briefing and enactment of ‘real life’ business scenarios. The trainer will also refer to powerpoint throughout the session.
Babel has an established relationship with Cambridge Network since 2006. Providing Cultural Training delivered by experienced, professional, personable trainers.
Brookfield ‘Global Mobility Trends Survey 2016’ reports that “Nearly one in five assignees experience notable difficulty in adapting to the host location and is among the top three most commonly noted reasons as to whey assignments are unsuccessful.” It goes on to conclude ”Ensuring that intercultural training and skills are consistently provided to assignees and the accompanying families are foundational steps to reducing the number of assignees experiencing difficulty adapting to the host location and business environment.”
What our delegates say…
“The course was absolutely useful, very professional, trained with examples, clear and open.’
“It came out clearly the area we need to work on in order to improve ourselves whilst in the UK.”
“The trainer was able to see the possible difficulties between the UK and our culture and gave examples to make us understand easier.”
“This course really helped me in understanding the cultures and behaviour of the people in the UK, which will help me in my personal and professional stay in the UK.”
“It’s good to know the way of thinking of the British people.”
Virtual Culture Coaching
We recommend one follow up consultation within three months of arrival to the UK. We provide the assignee with a Diary sheet in which they can record 3-4 work-based scenarios which are unusual or difficult cultural situations that they are experiencing. We then ask them to share the Diary with us prior to the 1 hour session so that the trainer can prepare effectively.
To compliment this training we can also provide language training, EFL and Accent Modification, the lessons can be delivered face-to-face, ‘live’ on-line or as a blended solution.
Delegates can also subscribe to our free monthly cultural newsletter.