Each delegate will be asked to complete and return a pre-course questionnaire, to enable the trainer to tailor the session to meet their needs. The general topics we cover in the session are:
- Welcome, Introduction and Agenda
- Introduction and general information on India
- Cultural Awareness
- Indian Business Practice and Communication
- Time: deadlines and schedules; dealing with Indian “stretchable” time
- Indian Negotiation and Conflict Resolution - Understanding the Indian “Yes” and “No”
- Indian Business Etiquette & Social Protocols
- Conclusion and round-up
By the end of this course, you will:
- understand what motivates your Indian colleagues and customers
- understand how and when you need to modify your business behaviour to create a positive impression and manage team activities
- be able to use a range of techniques for effective cross-cultural communication
- have a toolbox of practical tips that will be immediately useful in their next encounter with your Indian partners.
The course is interactive and delegates will be encouraged to share their experience (in a confidential environment) and explore solutions together through discussion, exercises and role-play of ‘real life’ business scenarios. The trainer will also refer to powerpoint throughout the session, which will be provided as a hard copy at the end of the day.
Babel has an established relationship with Cambridge Network since 2006. Providing Cultural Training delivered by experienced, professional, personable trainers.
Working with India can be challenging. Even though it is stimulating and rewarding, there are potential difficulties when people from different cultures misunderstand each other, especially when English is not their first language. This practical workshop will identify the keys to understanding the Indian way of working and will enable you to be more effective when communicating with your Indian team members, partners and clients.
What our delegates say…
“Excellent day, very informative, will come in handy in the future, when dealing with India.”
“Will stand me in good stead for my first trip to India.”
“Very relevant, especially emphasis on communication, open questioning.”
“Thought a day would be too long, but very insightful throughout. Time well spent.”
For any assignees due to go to India we can offer them and their family a “Working and Living Effectively in India” session delivered in house or at their home, pre-departure.
For any assignees from India due to the UK, we can offer them and their family a “Working and Living Effectively in the UK” session delivered in house or at their home, upon arrival.
To compliment this training we can also provide Indian and EFL language training, Advanced Business English and Accent Modification. The lessons can be delivered face-to-face, ‘live’ on-line or as a blended solution.
Delegates can also sign up to our free monthly cultural newsletter.