In this two-day course, attendees will learn how to use ARGUS to an intermediate level and will be exposed to its most advanced features. No previous ARGUS knowledge is required and attendees do not need any specific knowledge before taking the class. A limited exposure to commercial real estate or finance is sufficient as all relevant financial concepts are covered in class.
With the introduction of Argus Enterprise, there have been substantial changes from Argus DCF. Even if you’re an experienced user of DCF, you will benefit from this class.
On this course, you will….
- Build ARGUS financial models using nothing more than a few assumptions
- Edit and audit existing models for errors and unreasonable assumptions
- Determine an appropriate purchase price and leverage based on desired rates of return and risk tolerance
- Build detailed cash flow projections, sources and uses schedules, and other financial reporting tools such as discounted cash flow analysis (Net Present Value and IRR)
- Estimate future sale prices based on cash flow and other approaches
- Account for the impact of debt financing
- Model complex partnerships and determine the returns to each investor
- Develop detailed construction budgets for development projects
- Build advanced mortgages
- Understand how to use ARGUS to model all major property types (office, industrial, retail, residential, and hotel)
- Run advanced scenario and sensitivity analyses on individual properties and portfolios
- Export all data and reports to customized reports in Excel