A course introducing the fund management process, specifically applicable to real estate funds. The course revises the real estate market and the opportunities available before comparing the risks and reward of investment in the underlying asset with investment in shares of a real estate fund (aka indirect real estate investment). When setting up a fund, the various different structures available and the broader legal framework for real estate investment activity in the UK is reviewed. Finally financial analysis of the fund revising portfolio modeling theory and benchmarking performance are demonstrated using spreadsheet models.
On this course, you will…
- Understand the fund origination process; real estate investment and strategy
- Gain appreciation of investment management at the fund level
- Learn the different types of funds available
- Analyse real estate portfolio risk and return
- Review the UK and international available benchmarks
- Learn how to manage real estate risk at the portfolio level