Senior Software Engineer - IP/ Network
If you want to work for a company that pride themselves on self-learning and self-development, then keep reading!
You will work as an individual researcher, a standalone networking expert, within a strategic team developing new concepts for SoCs, FPGAs and associated OS and network stack software. As the IP Network Expert, you will have hands-on experience in network Optimisation / configuration.
Delivering consultancy and direction in the areas of networked AV systems to anticipate and drive industry trends, you will support and train other teams developing final products. Our clients research team works closely with various relevant industry standards bodies, for example IEEE and WFA.
This will require a deep knowledge of switch architectures and Quality of Service. Knowledge of real-time AV stream management is of particular interest, for example SMPTE ST 2110.
The successful candidate will be primarily self-managing and technically hands-on with the ability to demonstrate good C/C++ knowledge and the ability to write, for fast prototyping of new Proof of Concept demonstrators.
The following experience is essential:
- Solid experience in IP / Network industry or research
- Knowledge of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (e.g. IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP) is preferred
- Knowledge of security related products (IPS/IDS, UTMs: URL Filtering, AV, Anti-Spam and High Availability)
- Hands-on coding and configuration of Network platforms
- Product Management and Technology leadership experience
- Experience with Security, Firewalls, access and perimeter control, vulnerability management and intrusion detection will be advantageous
Salary: Circa £85,000 per annum
Benefits: Flexible working hours, bonus, pension scheme, private healthcare and much more!
If you find this opportunity interesting but perhaps not for you, please do share it with others who may be interested.