We’re looking for an experienced and dedicated events professional to join our Customer Engagement marketing team ASAP! In 2019 we’ll be expanding our tradeshows and customer events calendar to support Redgate’s initiatives, and you will be responsible for supporting our events team to ensure for successful execution of the events plan.
This is a busy and varied role. You’ll be responsible for supporting the logistics of the events Redgate attends and sponsors, so a typical day might include working with our sales and marketing teams to understand what’s needed for each event, speaking with external suppliers to arrange new collateral and order swag, or managing the event inboxes and event pages.
You’ll need to be highly organised and manage multiple tasks at once, as well as be able to build strong relationships with people both internally and externally.
We’re looking for someone who is experienced working in an events role, and who isn’t afraid to get stuck in across all aspects of event management. You’ll be part of a large marketing team, but you must also be comfortable working independently in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will feel passionate about delivering world class events and creating unforgettable experiences for our customers.
To apply, simply upload your CV and covering letter or get in touch if you’d like to talk to us first.
- Provide logistical support for all events that Redgate attends and sponsors; including ordering swag, supplies, collateral, as well as preparing equipment and information for tradeshow set-up to ensure successful execution.
- Manage multiple inboxes and calendars, and reply to internal and external emails in a friendly manner (consistent with the Redgate brand).
- Coordinate with Redgate’s Travel Administrator and travel provider to ensure that conference travel and accommodation is booked correctly for the right people at the right time.
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure that the right collateral, booth equipment, resources and swag are ordered and delivered on time.
- Pre and post-event administration using event management software, including Eventbrite, Excel, HubSpot and SalesForce.
- Sending out shipments to various events we’re sponsoring or exhibiting at, so that they arrive in good time and represent Redgate’s brand.
- Experienced at managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience and knowledge of assisting with all logistics and coordination of events, and a keen interest in educating and engaging with the technical Redgate community.
- Able to hit the ground running and get up to speed quickly and take ownership of the administration for multiple national and international tradeshows.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with common-sense and a can-do approach.
- A proactive team player with good social skills.
- Ability to work across teams and functions to get the right stuff done first time.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised, with a keen interest in prioritising workload and taking your own initiative.
- A problem-solver with the ability to think on your feet, react rapidly to situations, prioritise your workload and implement measures to improve procedures and workflow.
- Able to confidently communicate in a clear, concise, proactive and professional manner either in person, on the telephone, or via email.
- Experienced in using Outlook (overseeing multiple inboxes and calendars), MS Word, Excel, and Onedrive, alongside excellent general computer skills.
- Experience of using DHL/Fedex online shipping portals would be an advantage.
- Experience using SalesForce, HubSpot and Eventbrite would be an advantage.
What’s the package?
- A great benefits package
- Salary is £20k – £24k
- You’ll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible times.