Quality Assurance Engineer
At Audio Analytic we’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high-volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed a number of high-profile marquee customers. We’re recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
As part of our Quality Assurance team, you will contribute to the evaluation and release of the products and tools that are key parts of our unique sound recognition technology.
You will also be involved in bringing some of the most advanced consumer products to market, helping validate our software in new products created by some of the biggest tech companies in the world.
- Working as part of the QA team to validate the quality of company deliverables
- Creating new test plans and helping to evolve the company’s QA strategy
- Testing our sound recognition product and supporting tools
- Representing and taking responsibility for QA in a product delivery squad
- Helping develop our automated testing methodology and practices
- Managing audio data capture, storage and processing
- Refining, and assessing against, the metrics we use to evaluate our sound profile performance
- Understanding our customers’ products and working with them to evaluate performance on those products.
- Demonstrable skills in test design and product testing in embedded devices
- Python (or familiarity with at least one scripting language)
- Understanding of Linux command line.
- Understanding of audio and acoustics
- Understanding of development tools and processes
- Understanding of Agile methodology and systems of work.
If you were to create a word cloud that captured your personal attributes, it would need to include words like articulate, empathetic, analytical, practical and diplomatic. Those qualities will help you settle in and make a real difference from day one, which is really important to us – we want you to love what you do.
Working here is intellectually challenging and rewarding, and we have fun. We are a very open company with a flat hierarchy and a collaborative and positive culture; we don’t stand on ceremony or behind titles, and we have a relaxed but ‘get it done’ approach to everything we do. In order to be successful here, you’ll need to be able to embrace all our values and thrive within them, building relationships and communicating effectively with colleagues right across the business.
For this role, you’ll also need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organisation skills
- High degree of autonomy
- Strong work ethic. Taking pride in producing great work
- A pragmatic mind-set, with the ability to assess risk and balance it with business needs.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering or another demonstrably transferrable academic area / practical experience.
- At least two years’ experience in software testing.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun. These include gym membership, private healthcare, life assurance and free pizza.