3PS Finance Business Partner - 12 Month FTO
Following the significant increase in externalisation activities in 2016-18, a new Third-Party Supply (3PS) team was formed in Global Supply Chain and Strategy to manage the supply commitments and relationships with AstraZeneca’s new 3rd party customers, which are supplied by Operations.
In this role you will be working directly with the Lead Finance Business Partner and 3PS Team members, along with a variety of customers and stakeholders both within and outside AstraZeneca. The purpose of this role is to drive the implementation of divestment agreements, to support the establishment of new supply chains and provide insightful and commercial input to business decisions. A key part of the role is to react flexibly to issues as they arise and resolve process and financial issues to ensure that the supply of product and management of the customer relationship are maintained.
- You must be confident to independently engage with third parties and AZ colleagues in the execution and interpretation of contracts and in shaping the execution of supply and collaboration agreements.
- Provide leadership and guidance to other members of the 3PS and Supply Chain Finance team, as well as building links with the broader Operations and AZ Finance organisations, to ensure the customer is adhering to the financial obligations associated with their supply commitments.
- Play a pivotal role in defining and running standard processes and embedding best practice for financial aspects of post deal supply as well as managing the financial implications of recent deals where AZ is acting as a 3rd party manufacturer and ensuring that financial issues are not a blocker to supply of products.
- Other key responsibilities within the role include supporting work in order to optimise Supply Chain Design for divested products; acting as an enabler for standardisation and simplification through sharing best practice and experience. Supporting corporate commercial with financial queries associated with external sales to external customers
- You will be able to demonstrate your negotiation, influencing and relationship building skills through your supply chain or cross-boundary experience. You will possess excellent PC Skills, particularly Excel and Power Point. AZ Finance Systems knowledge is also a desirable attribute, such as SCORE, EPV, GCS, SAP.
- An inquisitive mindset, ability to self-start and work independently, and desire to drive value and cash impacts are attributes that will enable success in this role.
Essential Skills and experience
- BA/BSc Degree (relevant degree or equivalent qualification)
- Experience with supply chain or finance information flows
- Strong focus on extraordinary communication, facilitation, and consultation skills to drive behavioral changes
- Fosters positive relationships with the IT peers to drive up their involvement
- Courageous & positive in the face of opposing views & resistance to change
- Acts with integrity and within relevant guidelines.
Desirable Skills and experience
- Knowledge of contract management
- Proficient Excel skills & the ability to translate complex data sets into actions
- Confirmed ability to communicate at senior levels inside and outside AZ
- Excellent organization, presentation and facilitation skills
- AZ Finance Systems knowledge is also a desirable attribute, such as SCORE, EPV, SAP
If you have the desire to work globally, developing cross-functional relationships, using your exceptional communication, influential and informative style to deliver key processes to drive business value and take decisions - this is an exceptional business partnering opportunity for you.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.