Research and Applications Scientist
We are seeking an experienced Research and Applications Scientist to join our friendly Discovery Science team. The successful applicant will be involved in software testing, Python script writing, and undertaking primary research projects. They will be a strong communicator, providing expert scientific support and guidance to our users, preparing and delivering training materials.
Duties include, but are not restricted to:
- In collaboration with the Discovery Science team and external partners, undertake strategic research projects to advance scientific understanding and to showcase the value of the CCDC software and science to our academic and industrial user communities
- Provide scientific advice and guidance, from a user-perspective, as a part of Agile software development processes on relevant projects
- Working with the Discovery Science team to provide scientific support for users
- Working with the Product Managers and the software development teams to carry out scientific software testing, as well as writing scientific documentation, marketing literature and other promotional materials
- Deliver and prepare scientific training materials on CCDC software for use in workshops and training courses for academic or industrial user communities
The ideal candidate will have a PhD in a chemistry related field, have proven knowledge of computational chemistry in drug discovery, and have experience of using structure-based and ligand-based molecular modelling in the context of drug design. We are seeking an individual with excellent communication and presentation skills, with experience in writing reports and summarising scientific findings clearly. For further details, please see the full job description and person specification as detailed on our website.