Cheminformatics Data Scientist
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a creative and motivated individual to join our Discovery Science team as a Cheminformatics Data Scientist. The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting our Cheminformatics research and development of new methods and tools.
Duties include, but are not restricted to:
- Sharing the latest Cheminformatics and Computational Chemistry research trends and developments across the team, analysing them for potential benefits to our platform and identifying novel research and application opportunities
- Executing Cheminformatics work with a high level of proactivity
- Working with the Discovery Science team to provide scientific support for users as is necessary
- Meeting with the user community to understand their scientific and technical challenges and identify where data science can best impact
- Preparing scientific training materials on CCDC software to deliver in workshops and training courses for academic or industrial user communities
The ideal candidate will have a PhD in Cheminformatics, computational chemistry or a related field, and have significant experience in Python scripting, workflow applications and data analytics software. We are seeking a confident communicator, who can successfully deliver training materials and presentations externally and interact with our users to better understand their needs. For full details, please see the job description and person specification as listed on our website.