We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, energetic and hands-on scientist or engineer who can turn ideas into microfabricated solutions. The successful candidate should also be aware of the latest cleanroom and MEMS techniques, materials and costs, working from R&D-scale development through to volume manufacture. You must be able to communicate well with internal/external clients and lead projects through their entire life cycle.
Examples of techniques/applications the candidate should have experience in include; microfluidics, microwells, PCR, electrodes on needle, CMUTs, bio-sensing, nano-spheres, spray generation, cell sorting and/or organ-on-chips.
TTP is active in a variety of micron-scaled fabrication techniques to support innovative projects in bio/medical fluidics, sensors, printing, optics, and electronics/comms. We seek a BIO-MEMS Specialist to be part of a growing team and expand our capabilities. You will work closely with other TTP scientists, engineers and designers to provide solutions to complex challenges, for both internal and external clients.
You must be familiar with the entire MEMS product cycle; mask design, material choice, process development, follow/create SOP and package/test, spending ~60% of your time in the cleanroom. Additionally, you should be able to produce and follow H&S documents, COSHH/RAs and be able to run complex equipment and experiments.
- MEng/MSc/PhD in Engineering, Biology, Physics, Material Science, Chemistry, Electronics or similar fields.
- Strong creativity coupled with good insight into fundamental science.
- At least 2 years of post graduate research or industrial experience working with glass, silicon and polymers.
- Work experience or research in the bio/medical sector is essential.
- Wide-ranging MEMS process knowledge/experience in photolithography, bonding, embossing, soft-lithography, self-assembly techniques, wet/dry etching, evaporation/sputtering, PECVD, RIE/D-RIE, electroplating and metrology.
- Previous experience working with complex semiconductor equipment and/or new bio-mems techniques.
- Previous experience working with HF, strong acids/alkalis, special gases and volatile chemicals and understanding the associated Health and Safety aspects is a must.
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts on memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.