You will be involved in the core stages of technology and product development and work alongside experienced biochemists and biologists to characterize and improve the molecular and cellular tasks which lie at the heart of our Life Science product and instrument development efforts. As well as bringing a range of skills in biology and biochemistry, your ability to communicate scientific concepts clearly and accurately will enable you to quickly contribute to team meetings and collaborate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds not just from across the life sciences, but also from engineering disciplines like optics or electronics.
You will contribute to ambitious projects, often at the cutting edge of new technology development which require multi-disciplinary teams working together to achieve the vision we share with our clients. Your ability to deploy the right experimental skills in vastly different biological workflows will allow you to widen your impact across multiple projects, which at times even run in parallel. A well-developed ability to quickly grasp new concepts, to align to shared visions, and to contribute your insights and results efficiently will help to shape outcomes and contribute to team goals.
You will work on challenging technology projects from companies in many different areas, such as in diagnostics or consumer health. With experience, your insights and skills will enable you to grow your contributions, both in depth and in scope, and allow you to help others follow your achievements.
The essential requirements for this role are:
• Breadth. A first or 2:1 in biochemistry or a related discipline with a well-rounded theoretical and practical skill set across several Life Science areas. MSc not required, but preferred.
• A hands-on attitude. You enjoy putting theories to the test and devise experiments in the lab that provide solid and actionable insights.
• Applied thinking. You can dissect biological questions into realistic tests and turn your experimental data into meaningful results.
• Engagement. You are curious about the latest technologies in Life Sciences and what it takes to turn ideas into tangible realities.
• Communication skills. You like working in diverse teams, presenting your work and seeing your contribution matter for achieving team goals.
• Drive. You take on new concepts and experimental challenges and pursue them with tenacity and pragmatism.
Candidates with greater experience will increasingly fulfil these additional requirements:
• Leadership. You build up a tool set of advanced methodologies and protocols that allow you to help and train others to achieve advanced levels of expertise.
• Insight. You possess the theoretical and practical know-how to draw impactful conclusions from often complex experiments and data sets.
• Initiative. You take action to overcome hurdles and use your imagination to figure problems out quickly. You acquired the skills to quickly absorb new concepts and unfamiliar workflows.
• Expertise. You are very well versed with a wide range of experimental methods and protocols and capable of mentoring junior scientists or troubleshooting when experiments get stuck.
• Discipline. You keep accurate records, work to agreed time lines, manage resources and conform with applicable regulations.
This role is open to applicants at several career stages in biological sciences.
• You will be expected to demonstrate the essential requirements even at the start of your career. Tell us how your studies, extra-curricular activities or internship help demonstrate your wider potential.
• A few years into your career you will have a demonstrable track record across several projects, but still have plenty of scope to develop. Tell us about your expanded skill set.
• As an experienced professional, you can demonstrate your scientific expertise and ability to teach others. Tell us how you can increase your impact through leading scientific teams.
Please submit your CV and cover letter including evidence showing how you meet the requirements above and explaining why you want to work at TTP, and why you think you are a strong candidate for the role.
- Employer pension contribution of 12% (+3% personal contribution)
- Profit related bonus
- Enhanced share purchase scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.