You will be in charge of for receiving and troubleshooting business requests, resolving root causes and participating in the analysis and implementation of company-wide technology projects. This position is based in the UK and reports to the European IS Lead and will include working with colleagues from the rest of Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage and operate STEMCELL’s applications and systems, including maintaining uptime and performance SLAs.
- Partner with other disciplines on the IS team to analyze, design, build and scale reliable applications and systems using industry standard tools.
- Work alongside senior members of the infrastructure team to build automated tools for system provisioning, configuration and change management.
- Identify, resolve and document root or recurring causes of support tickets raised by staff, and escalations from other members of the global Helpdesk team. Take ownership for issue resolution, including escalation of critical issues to senior management and staff.
- Integrate with IS Development and Applications teams to provide support across environments.
- Work with the IS Security team to promote and maintain information security practices and systems throughout STEMCELL to safeguard the company, employees and systems.
- Respond to emergencies and system failures, including after-hours issues; lead the resolution of escalated issues.
- Proactively plan and perform regular scheduled maintenance, including updating documentation as required.
- As a global company, working outside of normal business hours may be periodically required.
- Substantial experience in an IT support role, including demonstrated experience leading troubleshooting and resolution of complex problems
- Previous experience in a systems or operations engineering role, with preference given to experience in an enterprise or compliance-based environment
- Strong general system administration skills, with preference given to candidates with experience working with web-based applications like Google or Salesforce, or cloud platforms like AWS
- A keen motivation to learn about new tools and technologies
- Degree or diploma in a technology related discipline, or a mix of industry certifications and experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills accompanied by good judgment in order to prioritize, manage and work with limited guidance in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with proven experience building strong relationships at all levels
- Exhibit an excellent customer service focus, strive to deliver the best service to our staff
- Confident, results-oriented individual; lead by example and demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude