Software Product Manager
Granta is a software company, the leader in the specialised field of materials information technology. This is where materials science and engineering meet software and IT. Our vision is of ‘material intelligence’ everywhere in R&D and the product life-cycle. We aim to advance materials engineering and education, and to enable better, greener, safer products.
The company originated in Cambridge University 20 years ago, where it maintains strong links, and has built a high-quality customer base around the world, with organisations such as Airbus, Boeing, General Motors, Jaguar Land Rover, Rolls-Royce, Johnson & Johnson, and NASA, as well as most of the world’s leading Universities.
What you will be doing:
- Own the commercial success of Granta’s Product Risk solution and be responsible for driving its development & growth
- Understand the needs of both our customers and develop strategic and detailed product plans
- Lead all aspects of the both product management and product marketing for this solution area and ensure delivery and adoption of key new products and enhancements. This involves:
- Working closely with customers and prospects to understand and define the requirements for successful new product enhancements
- Marketing the products, through compelling marketing collateral (prepared with assistance from the Marketing Communications team), support for Sales, and by thought leadership activities (e.g., presenting at conferences and Granta’s own EMIT Consortium)
- Maintaining and further developing the necessary strategic partnerships to ensure that the product roadmap can be delivered to meet the market needs. Granta works with leading industry specification groups and software and data vendors such as SAE, IAEG, Dassault Systemes and PTC.
- Defining the product requirements for the development team as a key stakeholder in the development process.
You definitely have:
- A minimum of 2 years of product management, product ownership, or business analysis experience.
- A Bachelors or higher degree in Engineering, Materials Science, or a related discipline.
- Have an organised approach and the ability to prioritise and trade-off conflicting commercial and technical constraints.
- Possess excellent presentation and interpersonal skills and be comfortable working with technical and commercial staff both internally and with customers.
- The ability & willingness to travel to our customers and conferences outside the UK as required
You may also have:
- Experience of working with Restricted Substances, Eco Design, or Critical Materials.
- Experience of working in, or supplying technology to, aerospace, defence, energy, medical, consumer, electrical, electronics, oil & gas industries
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
- A 12.5% non-contributory pension.
- Flexible working, to fit around you and your family.
- The choice of private healthcare insurance or gym membership.
- A tailored induction and career development plan.