Granta Park, Cambridge
The Welding Institute (TWI Ltd.) is a leading professional membership body based in Abington, Cambridge.
We are now seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic Membership Officer to be the focal point for existing and potential new members as well as actively supporting the Institute’s progress and growth. You will be responsible for the membership application process and work with the membership manager to secure compliance and continuous improvement.
On a daily basis, you will be communicating with the wide ranging membership base whilst providing general assistance to the membership team.
- Be the first point of contact for members and non-members by both telephone and email and follow new enquiries from the initial contact through to completed application.
- Learn the requirements and processes for membership, registration and update the Institution’s database, website and social media channels on an ad hoc basis.
- Conduct on-going market research via surveys and other means to find out what members value.
- With the team, develop materials that provide a consistent message on the benefits of membership and monitor and record the results of membership recruitment campaigns.
- Develop and maintain senior level contacts with the key employers, training providers, universities and other stake through visits, discussions with individuals and groups, and presentations and turn contacts into new members
- Develop and maintain contacts with the Institution Branches, supporting and developing their work in recruiting new members.
- Represent the Institution at jointly run events to recruit new members and increase awareness, developing contacts with other related Institutions and Societies.
- Actively support the committees and boards of the Institute in a Secretariat capacity.
- Present the benefits of professional institution membership to individuals and their employers.
- With the team leader/manager develop promotional activities to increase member numbers.
Success in your application requires:
- A degree or equivalent qualification;
- Experience in a customer facing role;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- The ability to work with established procedures;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and maintain a high level of attention to detail;
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of business financial administration;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint and familiarity with website tools.
The following would be highly desirable:
- Experience in member services and a membership management CRM system.
- Good understanding of the role and functions of an international professional member based organisation.
- Sales experience & Project management abilities.
This role will involve some UK travel.
Closing Date: 8th April
Reference number: 19/19
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website:
To apply, please click on the link below: