We are currently looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join our expanding Operations team based in South Cambridge. Working in a fast paced environment, this is an excellent opportunity for someone with logistics, courier or freight-forwarding experience. If you have previously worked in the pharmaceutical sector or have a science background then we would also love to hear from you. You will need to be highly organised, have the ability to work well under pressure and provide exceptional customer service.
Act as the first point of contact for all shipping orders and enquiries and ensure that customer interactions are handled in a pro-active and professional manner at all times.
Manage the end to end shipment process for research samples, clinical trials medicines and other pharmaceutical and healthcare related products, on a worldwide basis:
- Gather comprehensive customer and shipment requirements
- Design appropriate, compliant, and cost-effective routing solutions
- Book consignments with airlines via on-line portal, email or phone
- Print all documentation required to facilitate transit, appropriate to the shipment
- Work with overseas offices/ agents to arrange collections, customs clearance and deliveries
- Proactively monitor the status of shipments and identifying and dealing with any issues as they arise or escalating appropriately
- Provide the customer with regular, accurate and timely updates on shipment status
Ensure correct and timely completion of all after shipment including, but not limited to:
- Retrieving temperature monitor data and returning this to the client
- Arranging return logistics for reusable packaging and at customer request
- Providing chain of custody details to the customer for specialist shipments
- Receiving feedback from the consignee and following up directly to resolve any issues or questions, escalating where appropriate
Liaise with suppliers to confirm documentation requirements, plan appropriate route solutions and get timely updates on live shipments.
Ensure all Dangerous Goods shipments are correctly classified, have the correct documentation and that the route solution is appropriately designed.
Proactively manage costs at all times through:
- Planning cost-effective and appropriate route solutions which don’t compromise on the quality of our service
- Challenging suppliers on costs and obtaining the best possible price for each shipment
- Ensuring that each shipment meets or exceeds expected gross margin targets, seeking further advice where these may not be met
- Helping resolve invoice queries when required
Assisting with the production of client quotations, giving effective solutions to clients whilst maintaining the company’s profitability targets.
Perform out of hours on call duties on weekdays and weekends as part of a rota system.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
A background or proven skills in one or more of the following areas is required:
- Experience of working within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Logistics, courier or freight forwarding experience
- International export/customs experience
- A scientific background either through education (min. A Level) or previous employment
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrates consistently high attention to detail
- Highly self-organised and able to manage changing priorities
- Provides exceptional customer service
- Resilient and has a proven ability to work well under time pressure
- Is an excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills and will see issues through to resolution
- Identifies areas for improvement and suggests opportunities for positive change