Product Specialist / Support Engineer
You will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical advice and support on our range of Digitally Modulated Screening solutions for litho/offset and flexo printers, as well as our FirstPROOF and Lightning products.
You will help co-ordinate product trials and installations, particularly of our DMS solutions, and be available to help support our network of partners and customers with any support and technical queries.
You will be involved in collating ideas and feedback from customers to communicate them to our software development and marketing teams to support our future product development.
The role will also involve some travel at times to various print sites globally.
Knowledge of the printing industry would be useful, particularly related to flexographic (labels and packaging) and litho-offset (newspaper, commercial sheet-fed and commercial heat-set) printing.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Providing pre/post sales technical support of our Digitally Modulated Screening products Auraia and Bellissima
- Providing online (email) support to our network of sales partners.
- Communicating ideas and feedback to marketing and development.
Other areas of responsibility:
- Co-ordinating installations, demos, etc.
- Assisting at exhibitions
- Assisting internally with networks, backups, hardware and software infrastructure.
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics or Maths
- A-levels in Computer Science, Physics or Maths
- 3-5 years software product experience, or
- 3-5 years software product support experience, or
- 3-5 years of computer system administration looking to move into a new product specialist/support role.
- 10+ years experience of C; some C++ preferable.