Strategic Project & Engagement Manager
As a Strategic Project and Engagement Manager, you’ll play a significant role supporting the Innovative Medicines & Early Development (IMED) group manage the recognition process of our scientist’s achievements via monthly rewards process and the high impact publication submissions to peer-review journals.You will provide flexible project management resource supporting IMED’s engagement calendar of events and strategic project delivery, and project manage successful delivery of IMED science events e.g. Science Retreats and Science Awards Ceremony.
You will be responsible for Project Managing internal IMED scientific and engagement events liaising with various groups and scientists across AZ e.g. MedImmune, Communications, Conferencing, whilst maintaining the tracking and reporting of IMED publications and partnerships, to ensure visibility towards IMED Scientific Reputation, especially high impact publications to allow tailored communications to be developed by the team.You will oversee the monthly recognition process for IMED working closely with HR, as well as maintaining the repository of information generated by IMED Science Engagement team and be seen as an expert in information management, by making recommendations for how information should be stored and shared for easy access across the team.
Your expertise will position you as a flexible project management resource for IMED Operations supporting strategic projects for IMED, ensuring logistics and technical requirements for events are suitable to maximize the impact of internal communications.
To be considered for this role we expect you to demonstrate the following skills and experience;
- Excellent project management skills – event management preferable
- Track record of planning and delivery success
- Good information management practice
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation and good influencing skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – powerpoint, excel, word, OneNote
- Good knowledge of the pharmaceutical drug discovery and development process and in particular science events
At AstraZeneca, we are passionate about people, and ensuring the right talent has the opportunity to develop in the right role is critical. As such for this role we are looking for talented individuals who can demonstrate the following;
- Excellent management and matrix team leadership skills that include the ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams on highly collaborative efforts resulting in successful implementation
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Proactive with effective interpersonal and influencing skills
- Demonstrate a “can do” attitude - self motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to develop strong relationships with senior leaders and other key stakeholders
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.