Mid-Level Software Engineer - C# Developer (.NET , Xamarin , Web API , Azure)
If you want to create high quality solutions and help grow a fantastic and collaborative team, with the satisfaction of knowing your code will be enjoyed by tens of thousands of users, we want to talk to you.
In our pawsome development team you will:
- Work as part of a cross-functional full-stack development team to develop and deliver new versions of the PitPat app and cloud platform to be released on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with project strategy stakeholders to refine and define the functionality, specifications and features of each new version of our app and cloud platform.
- Be involved in carrying out tasks across the entire software development lifecycle.
- Work with some of the latest versions of .NET Framework and .NET Core.
- Further develop our core software engineering principles and development process.
Key personal attributes and core principles:
- A true passion for software engineering and a desire to write clean maintainable code.
- Testing is not optional and testing at all levels is fundamental in delivering high quality software consistently.
- The SOLID principles act as a good baseline to write clean, robust and maintainable code.
- A general willingness to be an integral and cross-functional team player.
- An enthusiasm for the kind of flexible collaborative working that’s essential in a company of our size.
The successful candidate must have:
- At least 2 - 5 years commercial experience of .NET development.
- Significant experience designing solutions that integrate with Azure services.
- Significant experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Significant experience implementing unit and integration tests.
- A good understanding of various software design patterns and the SOLID principles.
- Some experience mentoring junior members of a team.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Experience working with service/message bus driven applications. Specific experience with Azure Service Bus is highly desirable.
- Experience working with server side push and long polling technologies. Specific experience with SignalR is highly desirable.
- Experience working with serverless architectures. Specific experience working with Azure Functions is highly desirable.
- Experience of app development, testing and deployment across iOS and Android platforms. Specific experience of the Xamarin cross-platform development environment is highly desirable.
- Experience of agile development, with a particular focus on regular, on-time, bug-free code-releases to a large user-base.
Benefits of the role include:
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Dog friendly office
- Garden with BBQ
- Well stocked kitchen
- Pawsome team social events
Job reference: PP-JOB-11-M
Location: 5 Brooklands Avenue, Cambridge (a short walk from Cambridge train station).
Start date: ASAP.
Strictly no recruiters, we will bark at you.
Closing date: 31st August 2018.