Senior Software Engineer - C# Developer (.NET , Xamarin , Web API , Azure)
If you want to create high quality solutions and help grow a fantastic and collaborative team, with the satisfaction of knowing your code will be enjoyed by tens of thousands of users, we want to talk to you.
In our pawsome development team you will:
- Work as part of a cross-functional full-stack development team to develop and deliver new versions of the PitPat app and cloud platform to be released on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with project strategy stakeholders to refine and define the functionality, specifications and features of each new version of our app and cloud platform.
- Lead the team in developing the best possible technical solutions to product and business requirements.
- Be involved in carrying out tasks across the entire software development lifecycle and actively aid team members in completing theirs.
- Take a leading role in mentoring members of the team and take a hands on approach in enabling all team members to develop their skills.
- Further develop and improve our core software engineering principles and development process.
- Work with some of the latest versions of .NET Framework and .NET Core.
Key personal attributes and core principles:
- A true passion for software engineering and a desire to write clean maintainable code.
- Testing is not optional and testing at all levels is fundamental in delivering high quality software consistently.
- The SOLID principles act as a good baseline to write clean, robust and maintainable code.
- An enthusiasm for the kind of flexible collaborative working that’s essential in a company of our size.
The successful candidate must have:
- At least 5 years commercial experience of .NET development.
- At least 2 years commercial experience working on mobile applications (iOS and Android, preferably with Xamarin).
- Significant experience designing solutions that integrate with Azure services.
- Significant experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Significant experience working with XAML.
- Some experience architecting full stack systems.
- A strong understanding of various programming paradigms, software design patterns and the SOLID principles.
- Significant experience collaborating with business stakeholders.
- Significant experience mentoring team members.
- Some experience delivering process improvements.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Experience architecting and working with service/message bus driven applications. Specific experience with Azure Service Bus is highly desirable.
- Experience architecting and working with server side push and long polling technologies. Specific experience with SignalR is highly desirable.
- Experience architecting and working with serverless architectures. Specific experience working with Azure Functions is highly desirable.
- Experience of agile development, with a particular focus on regular, on-time, bug-free code-releases to a large user-base.
Benefits of the role include:
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Dog friendly office
- Garden with BBQ
- Well stocked kitchen
- Pawsome team social events
Job reference: PP-JOB-11-S
Location: 5 Brooklands Avenue, Cambridge (a short walk from Cambridge train station).
Start date: ASAP.
Closing date: 31st August 2018.