Senior Human Factors Engineer
Are you passionate about applying your human factors engineering skills and experience to develop innovative medical products that enhance the lives of people?
Do you enjoy working with highly skilled engineers, designers and scientists in a dynamic environment to design and develop a wide range of medical products?
If so, this is what we do at Cambridge Consultants.
We are looking for a bright, experienced and enthusiastic human factors engineer at a senior level to join our internationally recognised and fast growing Human Factors Engineering team in the UK.
TYPE OF WORK UNDERTAKEN BY US
Our Human Factors Engineering team is based within the Global Medical Technology Division at Cambridge Consultants in the UK. The Division undertakes the development of innovative medical products from understanding user and stakeholder needs through to concept generation, design, development, verification and validation. We undertake projects in four principal focus areas:
- Drug delivery devices
- Diagnostic devices and systems
- Surgical products and systems
- Connected health systems
The products that we develop range from next generation injection devices and novel point-of-care diagnostic devices to revolutionising surgical tools and connected healthcare devices. There are also opportunities to work across other divisions, e.g. in consumer and wireless technology product space.
Our work ranges from complete product developments to providing consulting services for our clients on their technology, strategy or development processes.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will take active participation in supporting the human factors aspects of medical product development projects. This will require working collaboratively with our multidisciplinary team, clients as well as collaborators to plan and execute the human factors programme of work.
- You will design and conduct various types of human factors studies such as formative and validation studies in the UK and abroad.
- You will lead small to medium sized human factors projects working with other members of the team and ensuring that the project is delivered to clients’ satisfaction and within the timescale and budget.
- You will support sales activities by working closely with senior members of the Human Factors Engineering team and other functions. This may include participating in prospective client meetings, preparing sales materials and writing proposals.
Human Factors Skills
- Good knowledge of human factors requirements for medical and combination products
- Good knowledge and experience of conducting interviews, workshops and focus groups to understand user and stakeholder needs and aspirations.
- Good knowledge, skills and experience of conducting preliminary human factors analyses such as task analyses and expert reviews
- Good knowledge and experience of conducting use-related risk assessments
- Good experience of designing and conducting various types of formative and validation studies, including conducting one-to-one interviews with end users
- Good experience of preparing documentation, such as study protocols and reports, to high technical standards
- Experience of working within a medical product development environment, preferably at a medical device consultancy firm, pharmaceutical or medical device company. Relevant experience from other sectors will also be acceptable.
- Strong communication skills – an ability to prepare and effectively present high quality technical documentation, business correspondence and presentations
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Factors Engineering, Usability Engineering, Ergonomics, Psychology or Engineering.
- Other bachelor’s degree with relevant experience will also be acceptable.