Business Development Manager: Consumer Healthcare
Cambridge Consultants works in both the consumer and medical technology spaces and we are increasingly working in the overlapping and growing area of consumer healthcare. Therefore we are seeking an industry experienced person to lead the growth of this emerging area. There are many areas that could come under this banner from regulated consumer diagnostics systems, to anti-ageing skin care application and it will be your responsibility to map the opportunity space and identify what is the best fit for the combination of our and your own experience.
Day to day you could be working on planning for a marketing event, pitching to a new contact, presenting a proposal, negotiating a contract, delivering an awesome project with the team and mapping out next phases across a wide range of possible technology areas from novel fluid dispense to connected sensing systems, and at any point in the innovation development funnel from front end strategy to prototyping to transfer to production.
We offer a diverse, fun and challenging work environment where you'll have the chance to shape the strategy of the business, and work with a wide variety of projects and with many different skill sets.
Primarily focused on the consumer healthcare sector, but also working across other consumer sectors, you will identify and convert new clients and develop existing client accounts. This will involve:
- Working as part of a dynamic team of other business developers, programme and technical leads and together present the best and most relevant proposals to our clients.
- Involvement in converted projects to act as the client’s voice for the team, be contractually responsible to CC for the delivery of the project, and achieve the best position for us to win follow on work and to grow the client account.
- Developing a marketing strategy and thought leadership to enable us to grow our consumer healthcare sector through building new contacts and demonstrating market relevance, through whichever avenues and methods are appropriate for this sector.
- Working as part of the broader business development team to plan strategic growth of our overall business.
You will be an experienced business development professional who has demonstrated commercial impact and ability to successfully generate and close business. This will be evidenced by your:
- Proven ability and track record of success in growing and developing accounts within the Consumer Healthcare sector
- Experience of creating products consumers buy and which deliver consumer wellbeing benefits
- Experience working in a technology based product environment – and resulting understanding of technology, either software, mechanical design, electronics, and/or physics
- Understanding of, and experience with, regulated product development, and of innovative trends within the consumer healthcare space
- Professional services experience - either through working for a professional services company, or through engaging with technology/engineering focussed professional services organisations
- Technical background e.g. technical education and/or experience in a technical product development environment
- Connected system experience - ideally you have worked on connected system for monitoring physiological signals, and understand regulated apps
- Contract negotiation experience
- Account management experience
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.