Senior Consultant - Electronics
Cambridge Consultants is a trusted design partner for companies around the world. Whether it be Consumer, Industrial, Energy or another industry we aim to apply our skills quickly and efficiently to solve our client’s problem. However we can only be successful if we have industry experts who can help our business developers convince clients we are the best people to work on their project. Therefore we are looking for another senior electronic engineer to join our team who can help with the sale and technical delivery of projects.
We are looking for a technical person to join our team who can support business developers in finding opportunities that are a good fit for Cambridge Consultants’ skills and capabilities to enable us to do an excellent job for our clients.
Once you’ve helped convince a client we are the right team for their project then you will take the lead on the delivery of their project, either as the overall technical authority (aka technical lead) or as the electronics lead. This role will be supported by a Project Manager who is responsible for the budgets, milestones and deliveries; however you will be responsible for ensuring the technical solution will meet the client’s requirements and solve the client’s problem, whilst minimising the technical risk. But you don’t have to just “lead” – we would also expect you to be hands on in the lab applying your electronics skills and experience on your projects.
At Cambridge Consultants we often work on multiple projects concurrently. Therefore you may be involved in new project sales, whilst still in the process of delivering existing project(s). This means that concise technical oversight and the ability to delegate are essential.
- Hands on Electronics design – designing circuits, designing PCBs, testing prototypes etc
- Technical leadership of project delivery
- Supporting Business developers in finding and developing new project opportunities
- Earning client trust and promoting Cambridge Consultants as a trusted client partner.
- Establishing yourself publically as an industry expert to help raise the profile of electronics at Cambridge Consultants
- Excellent academic record.
- Expert in a broad range of electronics design (particularly analogue electronics) with considerable practical design and development experience.
- Experience of presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven track record of interacting with potential and existing clients and earning their confidence and trust.
- Desire to mentor and develop junior engineers to enable successful delegation of technical project tasks
- Hands on knowledge of RF Electronics
- Experience of Power Electronics, including power supply design and motor control
- Multidisciplinary systems engineering skills
- Established profile in industry as a knowledgeable and experienced Electronics Engineer.
- Design for manufacture, test, cost and reliability
- Hobby with a technical or commercial relevance
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients. This allows us to be part of something big.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it.